Anal fissure is a condition that is characterized by an injury near the rectum or lower anal canal. The injury can be substantially painful while passing stool. Experts believe that the injury is caused due to the following reasons:
- Passing large stool.
- Frequent diarrhoea.
- Childbirth (rarely).
Other reasons may be due to any deliberate injuries caused in that area with a sharp object or other anal examinations.
The injury induces a lot of pain and often is accompanied by blood in stools. The pain is sometimes very severe. The condition is not serious though. The typical symptoms of anal fissures are:
- A sharp, stinging pain during bowel movements. The pain can last for some time even after bowel movements are complete.
- Excessive itching in the area.
- Blood associated stool.
The severity of this condition is no way major, but can cause discomfortthat will tip your mood off. On a longer run, it is not advisable to ignore this problem though. Hi-tech medicines are not required to cure this medical condition. However, a few home remedies should be able to handle it effectively.
Below are some of the home remedies:
- Including a fibre diet has proved to cure anal fissures from a long time. Fiber rich foods such as fruits and vegetables if taken regularly will keep the stool soft and avoid constipation. Constipation is a major cause for anal fissures. If already undergoing the pain, fibres can help heal the hurt.
- Adequate levels of fluid intake will also help keep the stool soft and avoid constipation. Drink water regularly and avoid dehydrating the body. Lack of water will induce higher reabsorption activities which will result in higher degrees of constipation.
- Exercising regularly for about 30 minutes is must to avoid anal fissures. Exercise will generate heat in the body and bring in more flexibility. Overall, exercising will promote regular bowel movements. Also, exercising will push blood to all parts of the body and help heal the existing fissures.
- If already suffering from anal fissures, a sitz bath will help a lot. Sit under warm water filled in a tub after finishing the bowel movement. This activity is known as “sitz bath”. The warm water will help heal the hurt sooner. It will also make the area softer and avoid too much of friction.
Anal fissures can be easily dealt with the above home remedies. Better prevent it than curing.