OBESITY is the physical condition of being overweight compared to the actual weight an individual should possess considering his height and weight. We frequently hear people suffering from this problem. It may occur due to the following reasons:
Causes Of Obesity
- Obesity is the result of lack of energy balance when more calories are consumed than being drained out. Hence, this should be balanced properly to have a perfect weight.
- Leading an inactive lifestyle or enjoying more leisure hours without any work can lead to obesity. Most people nowadays do very less physical work; hence their energy is stored instead of being burned out.
- The kind of lifestyle which an individual leads also results in obesity. Spending long hours at work, binging on junk food, consuming less fruits and vegetables and consuming high calorie food and sugary drinks can also be the cause of obesity.
- Obesity may also happen due to genetic reasons, if an individual’s family history has the tendency for the same. Hence the children will inherit the same from their parents, and shall become overweight.
- This may also result due to specific health conditions like underactive thyroid when the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid and due to polycystic ovarian syndrome, which happens mostly in woman during their childbearing age who suffer from reproductive and other health problems.
- Lack of sleep can also increase the risk of being overweight as sleep helps to maintain hormone balance in one’s body without which the hormone which controls the blood sugar level becomes inactive. This symptom is mostly observed in teenagers.
Obese people are more prone to different kinds of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, pregnancy problems, fatty liver disease, varicose veins, low back pain, joint disease, stroke, pancreatitis, heart problems, poor healing of wounds and many more. There are various ways to deal with the problems of obesity:
Rescue Of Obesity
- You should consume the right kind of food, avoid oily, spicy and junk food and control your cravings for food. Take modest food portions instead of consuming excess food.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and do not indulge in bad habits like excessive smoking and drinking and other kinds of addiction.
- Try to have a good sleep to reduce stress and physical tensions which has become a part of our normal lives.
- The most important way to reduce weight is to do regular exercises which can maintain a balance between your calorie intake and calories drained out thus helping to keep you fit and healthy.