Salmon belongs to the Pisces family. It is an estuarine fish found mainly in Canada, however, other parts of the world too encounters salmon. Canada is the largest exporter of salmon in the world. Salmons are fished from both the sea and fresh water. It is indeed, one of the tastiest sea fish and is a choice of many. The taste of salmon beats many of its kinds and is very popular among non-vegetarians.
Apart from the taste, salmon is surprisingly beneficial too. Deep research and studies have revealed wonderful beneficial facts on salmon. And, they are:
- It is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. The amount of omega 3 fatty acids available in salmon is immense. Basically, omega 3 fatty acid is an essential fatty acid that the body cannot produce. This fatty acid plays a major role in fat metabolism and reduces risk of heart failure. It is also responsible for the development for healthy joints and skin. It is an essential ingredient required to develop the nervous system of the fetus. Salmon has it all and one need not resort to synthetic supplements for the same.
- Salmon is a rich source of protein. It is a proven fact that one serving of salmon will cater to almost 58% of the total protein requirement by the body. The protein is easily digestible and comes from the flesh of the fish. The class of protein present in salmon promotes effective metabolism and helps in weight loss. Salmon is recommended for at least 2-3 times a week.
- Salmon is also a rich source of vitamins. Vitamins are very essential for a healthy lifestyle. A vitamin diet on a daily basis is a must. Salmon, on a whole provides the full package of vitamin requirements. Vitamin B complex and vitamin D are supplied in abundance. Vitamin B complex is essential for various metabolic functions and vitamin D helps in maintaining the calcium levels in the body. Calcium is the main ingredient of bones and teeth.
- Modern day hectic lifestyle takes away a lot of time and leaves little room for sleep. Lack of sleep in turn invites other health complications as heart disorders and digestive system failures. Salmon will provide a natural sedative called tryptophan. This sedative will prolong the sleep for some time and thus can curb down sleep disorders.
- Salmon will protect the eyes from various ailments like macular degeneration and dry eyes. The fish is a rich source of flavonoids and omega 3 fatty acids, which function as antioxidants to protect the eyes.
Salmon- a fish with benefits. The benefits are really surprising and promising.